Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sunken Boat !!!!!!!!! May Long 2009  (Read 2215 times)

nautique man

• tweaker
Sunken Boat !!!!!!!!! May Long 2009
« on: July 23, 2009, 02:11:35 AM »

So our buddy bought this 03 mobius lsv in the fall used it once, and we always get together with them on may long. we go to this really big lake and there is a coal plant on it so you can go to the other end of the lake and swim in the warm water that gets pushed out. me, my buddy, his buddy, his sister, his sisters friend and their dad. well we all went over there on the sunday afternoon. and out of no where this massive wind comes up, and i have never been so scared in my entire life because we were in the middle of the lake and not even exaggerating here, we were in 4 - 7 foot waves. like so big the wave would go right over the whole boat. but anyway ya it was pretty bad, we managed to get to a side shore and get safe, we had the throttle pinned full and we were only goin idle speed lol, boat was toast so he got insurance for that. but anyway here are some pictures.

wisconsinjoker

• KW Freak
Re: Sunken Boat !!!!!!!!! May Long 2009
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2009, 09:35:41 PM »

that sux. glad your ok!

tuneman

• Administrator
  • KW Freak
  • ride low, GO BIG!
    • Wake Ski Shop
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 01:03:52 PM »

Wow!! :shock:  :shock: I\'m glad nobody got hurt.

cadunkle

• Outlaw
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2009, 02:19:49 PM »

Holy crap, that\'s insane. Glad everyone was alright. Goes to show that there\'s no such thing as too much bilge pump capacity. What type of pump(s) did you have?

If you\'re talking true 4\'-7\' seas more capacity may not have done much. I know some folks will put a Y-valve and hose to the bilge off the fresh water input. In the event of swamping, bilge pump failure, or wahtever, you can hit the valve and the engine will pump way more water out of the boat than one or two relatively small electric bilge pumps. Granted that\'s not the type of weather you ever expect to use a wake boat in, but never hurts to be cautious.

BoardFlipper

• tweaker
  • Flip It!
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2011, 10:31:16 AM »

i know this is old but where's the pics?

tuneman

• Administrator
  • KW Freak
  • ride low, GO BIG!
    • Wake Ski Shop
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2011, 08:39:44 AM »

This thread was posted before the last big forum update.  All of the pictures within threads had to be manually updated.  I updated many, but never got around to this thread.

Brandon

• spinner
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2019, 09:57:56 PM »

r.i.p Wish you a safe journey
Pages: [1]   Go Up